Bubble Guinea Pop - YUNIZA KHOO

Wokays... Review Number 11.
This game starts off as boring and annoying.
But eventually after playing a few levels, I got hooked!
I'm on level 31 now!

Objective of the game:
Use the snake that swings right and left (depending on its speed, you need to aim properly) to throw the guinea pigs so that it lands near the other animals that are in trouble or trapped. Once the guineas land, they will explode the bubble gum. Once the bubble gum hits the other animals, they are free! Aim is to hit all animals with the bubble gum explosion.

What makes this game compelling:

1) Physics game:
I think I have a thing for physics-based games.
I seem to like them a lot.
Anyway, this game, similar to some other games, uses physics to allow you to control the movements.
It's interesting because the mechanics are based on how fast the snake swings from left to right

2) Graphics:
The game art is supremely cute and simple.
They are very cartoonish and you can make out what the animals are.
However I found that some of the game art doesn't sync at the intro.
Don't know.. or maybe it's just me.
(something to take note of when I design our group's game)

3) Interesting features:
As you proceed up the levels of the game, more and more features are added, which keeps the game interesting.
They are innovative with the features, such as the magnetising polarity features which pushes away the guinea pigs when thrown.

4) Level Design:
Their level designs are creative and fun to explore.
Like their features which they keep adding, there are also game structures which are implemented to make the game slightly harder at every ascending level.
Therefore strategy and good timing must work hand in hand to complete the game.

5) Controls:
And since this is a web-based game, controls are extremely simple.
Usage of mouse + click, that's all, making it easy to learn and control.

6) Clear Instructions:
As they add on features/ level-ups, there will be pop-ups before the start of each level to explain how something functions.
Which I taught was a good thing.


Interesting?
Hmmmm okay honestly it wasn't at first.
But I wanted to continue playing it because I was curious to how the levels were like.
Eventually I found myself wanting to complete every level because I cannot help it, the game's pretty interesting when it proceeds!
Now I'm stuck at level 31, which is very frustrating!!!


Flaws?
Hmmm maybe like I said, the art for the intro can be improved?
It's near perfect actually! (to me)
And the background sound/reaction sound...
Don't like it! Don't think it fits also...
Go check it out lah... I don't think it suits the game.


Where to play?



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Post a Comment

Template by Oriol Sanchez | blogger template by blog forum