GHOSTSCAPE 2 - YUNIZA KHOO

Wokays Review 12!!
(Recess week not counted right?!)

Okay anyway!
I decided to try this game this week.
Personally I have a phobia of all these ghost nonsense.
So I try not to play any creepy games.
Or games that would freak me out.

But this week I decided to 'challenge' myself.
And try something new.
Okay ah this game that I reviewed this week is not necessarily scary or creepy!
But still.... 


Okay so let's start with the review already:


Objective of the game:
It's pretty simple.
You are a ghost hunter.
And you visit a 'haunted' place.
You are to accomplish a list of things.
Some include taking photos of certain objects.
Some include finding certain things.
Some include decoding certain cases.
Main thing: Unravel the mystery behind this haunted place.


What makes this game compelling?

1) Okay first it's a web-game:
I like web-games because they are basically no-strings attached games.
You don't need to download anything, maybe just wait a bit for it to load but that's it.
Simple use of mouse to control movements and actions.

2) Interesting storyline:
I know there are similar 'mystery' games out there.
But since this was my first try at this genre, I thought that it was pretty interesting.
The whole 'ghostly' theme and scary effects played off pretty well.

3) Content of the game:
As mentioned above, good storyline.
Also, the objects that you were supposed to pick up & things that you have to do were in sync with the game's theme.
The many areas that you can explore also made the game fun.
I spent an hour playing this game!

4) Aesthetics & Sound:
As always, I like to play games which have nice aesthetics.. don't we all?
I thought Ghostscape2 had a right look for it.
I also thought the pop-ups while you're clearing the tasks were very helpful.
The black and white feature made players focus more on the game this time.

Sound-wise was okay. It fitted the theme.
However I thought it could be more creepy-sounding.

5) Level design:
Since this was a one-level game, I thought the way the game was divided into parts was interesting. It was made in a way that you have to remember where you went. And what have you found in those places. Miss one place and you might miss finding things at that area.

6) Mystery:
I think the major attraction for this game was the mysterious factory.
It attracted me based on my curiosity to find out what was the ending and how to get there.
I think this game has achieved what most games want to achieve: to get a player to stay and play it till the end.


Photobucket


Play Ghostscape2 HERE.

Post a Comment

Template by Oriol Sanchez | blogger template by blog forum