DIVA LIFE - (Facebook game)















Move over Celion Dion because it's time for Sarah Alphonse to dance with the mic.
Ok so basically I've been playing this game for awhile.
Sorry, I'm not into Mafia wars or Vampire Wars or Battleship yada yada yada.
As everyone can see, I'm quite delusional and I like thinking I'm living the life as a rich and famous person.

So basically that's the gist of the game.
It isn't a 3D game where you create any simulative characters or anything.
The whole game is designed to be accomplished through endless clicks of only the right mouse button.
Yes, only a few simple clicks would allow you to stand up in comparison to fierce Divas like Ty-Ty Banks, Janice D and Whitney Houston.

So what is the game about?
This game can be found on Facebook. The game is about climbing the social ladder of fame. If you've always wanted to stroll along with the stars on the red carpet in Hollywood and never want to wake up from that dream, then do join me cause' you are just a click away from being famous(yeah right). You start of with your own personal manager who kick starts your career as either a singer, an actress or just a socialite. Your career will be determined by the short survey that you will do in the beginning, before the game actually begins. This is when you will fill out your potential Diva name, pick out her preferences and etc. You will eventually progress with experience points, through gigs that have been sorted out for you by your manager, showdowns with other Divas and their entourages, or through expensive purchases you make at the plaza. The aim of the game is mainly to have a huge entourage, good rep amongst the stars, and constant upgrade of your wardrobe's style and your poise.

What makes this game so compelling?
Well, I wouldn't exactly say this game is compelling to boys or anything, unless you happen to be fully metrosexual and everything. I would say that this game attracts people who are so delusional, in denial with their current status, and those who just want attention. AH, I TOTALLY FIT THE BILL I KNOW....
But it's true, it's compelling enough to me because I just want to feel like I am famous and I have power and I can out-do another diva through some major tap dancing choreography.

Is it fun?
HELLLLLLLLLL TO THE YEAH? Ok firstly I apologize because it takes so little for me to be happy considering..... ok we shan't go there. Well basically, even though the game mechanics are simplified down to just clicking of the right mouse button, it's enough fun to see the WINNER tab blinking repeatedly and decorated with stars on my side of the screen when I go into battle with a rival diva(who happens to be a facebook player as well). The rival divas are usually unknown and they also have several friends who play the game. That's how your entourage increases. Also, we get to 'buy' clothes from Prada and Juicy Couture and headache pills and gold lining microphones with our well earned moolah... oh-so-satisfying. Thank you Virtual world!

Is it interesting?
I'd say it's interesting because the game has several ways to which you need to gain the experience points in order for you to advance to the next level. You need to do a few gigs, tarnish a few reputations, buy nice clothes and etc etc etc. The game is constantly being upgraded because you can now custom the way your character looks so that her face will appear in the avatar provided. You can choose hair colour, length, face shape, clothing style, and skin colour.


Ok let me break down for you several things the game offers. Ok, here are examples of gigs that you will have to take on in order to earn some celebrity MOOLAHS. Ah yes, we're talking about the big (fake) bucks... When you do a gig, you use up energy which needs to be regenerated and thus there is a timer of about 2mins for 1 unit of either energy/moxie/reputation to increase. Unless of course you have a credit card, you can always replenish yourself ASAP... We're talking REAL money here. Nothing fake about that. So as you get better and better, you will advance to a higher challenge, which mine is challenge 7 for now.


So as you can see from the printscreen below, I'm a Femme Fatale. Watch your back....HEH.

Ok well this is a breakdown of the achievements/accomplishments you have so far. There are several new features added like the Emerald/Ruby/Diamond Episodes. I have yet to find out about that so THAT EXPLAINS the 0 there... Well what you guys should focus on is the Clashes won... HAH! Yes, I won 175 battles to date.


There. That's also a printscreen of rival divas who are around your standards who are up for battle. When you choose a diva to battle with, you have to make sure you have enough reputation and moxie for a cat fight. Moxie is the amount of jazztalk that you have equipped with you...(better known as bullshit maybe??)
You also gotta make sure you have enough or slightly more girls in your entourage when you go for a battle because you don't want to be circled by 15 gangsta momma's... When you win a battle, you get to keep whatever money that they are holding on to, and you will tarnish their reputation as a diva... when you lose, you will suffer the consequences by waiting really long to regain moxie/reputation(unless you use your credit card!) or you could maybe cure yourself by shopping at 'the plaza' for new stuffs... increase your poise and style while you are damaged.


Here you see are examples of things you can purchase with your fake money and all. This items will increase your style and poise points when you go into battle with a rival diva... In any case you go bankrupt, you would be able to sell them back at half the price... So this is my chance to get me hands on a Cavalli without breaking the bank...


Yet another way of earning money would be to put your fake money into investments like having your own celebrity blogs where people would visit and you would earn (i.e Nuffnang). You can upgrade the investments you have at any point of time and collect all the money you earn and deposit the moolah into your bank after every hour...


In a WRAP PLEASE???
Ok so I think I've explained a little too much. So I'll wrap it up in a few more pointers.
1) Clawing out through the virtual world is.cool.enough.
2) To date, I have $2, 089, 376 in my virtual bank. I'm more richer than any of you!!!!
3) According to my manager, he has booked me a slot to perform along the cast of Chicago once they touch down over here.
4) Not a game for the shy and demure.
5) I need to go and powder my nose now so please leave me a text and I MIGHT reply you once I am done practising my script as a guest star for 90210.

TTYL.

Post a Comment

Template by Oriol Sanchez | blogger template by blog forum