STOBLOBS - YUNIZA KHOO


Game review time.... This week I shall review a no-brainer game! I got so hooked on to it and ended up playing for half an hour or so.


So what is this game about??

The name of the game is Stoblobs
The objective of the game is to clear the board by matching 2 pieces of the same puzzle.
The further it is away from each other, the more points you receive for each pairing.
It is a very simple game yet compelling.
You are also awarded more points based on the speed at which you complete clearing the board.



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Why is this game compelling?

1) Simple, straightforward graphics:
Not too complicating and we can easily relate to the aesthetics.
Not gaudy at all with the simple symbolic images.
Also, the colours used in this game are pleasant on the eyes, something I can learn from and inculcate in the current game design project

2) Sound design:
If you switch on the music for the game, it is a bit whimsical and interestingly cute.
Not girly kinda cute but it gives off a bit of an 'adventure' spin to it.
Get what I mean??

3) Simple rules:
Like we learned in game design class, sometimes the simplest rules make the simplest games last longest.
In this game, the objective is simple, the rules are simple and the game is just easy to play.
 
4) Replay factor: I don't know about you guys... but I keep replaying it!?


Flaws?

Okay for this game, sometimes it's hard to click on 2 pieces of puzzle to match them.
Sometimes when I click on 2 similar pieces of puzzle, they automatically deselect themselves.
Maybe it's a bug? I don't know!


Is this game fun?

I find it fun!


Okay try it here if you want!

Post a Comment

Template by Oriol Sanchez | blogger template by blog forum