Pixel Pop








Pixel Pop
Website: http://www.nitrome.com/games/pixelpop/
Developer: Nitrome
Genre: Casual, Rhythm game
Platform: PC, Mac

Pixel pop is a point and click, rhythm-based game, illustrated in pixel art. They uses bright colours and retro soundtrack theme which remind me of games in the 80s. There are 4 stages + 1 ( combine of the previous 4 stages) of mini game in each of the 3 levels.

How to play?
The rules are simple, just click and follow the beat, the instruction and the short story is given at the start of the game, which I always fail to reads and prefer to explore the game play myself which is also quite easy. Later in the game, it gets more challenging as you point and click, double click or press and release the mouse while trying to follow the beat.

Gameplay
Like any rhythm-based game, the initial play is always not easy, as you are new to the beat, following the beat is hard. Later when I go more into the game, I realize that without the sound i can still rely on the visual to play, which I felt it failed the purpose as a rhythm game, perhaps the sound track is to accompany the visual to make the game more interesting.

Why am I attracted to it?

Visual
The animation is funny and the use of bright colours make it a good cheerful causal game.

Audio
The sound track used in Pixel Pop started off with an easy and catchy rhythm until the middle part, a change in the beat kinda screw up the rhythmic pattern I had in mind but I guess its this kind of challenge that keeps me playing. And everytimes when you hit the beat, the character give out a funny squeak which I find it abit entertaining.

Overall
This is still a good causal game to play when you are too bored or feeling down haha

Screenshot



Post a Comment

Template by Oriol Sanchez | blogger template by blog forum